Cassie has been telling me for years, 2 to be exact, that 1 and a half to 3 and a half are the most difficult years (that she has dealth with so far!). Bode is 3 and half to the day, and I am not even kidding, over the last month he has grown up so much. He has gone 2 weeks with no time-outs at day-care, and even longer at home. He has been listening so much better, he listens to logic and is much more reasonable. He actually understands when we explain why we need him to do something or way he can't. He is becoming considerable nicer to the younger kids in his life, mainly Becky and Tate. Not that he was miserable before, but it is a very positive change.
Tonight he was getting ready for bed and I ALWAYS tuck him in. After he went potty and got his drink, he said, "Mommy, I can go to bed all by myself. I am bigger now." I almost started crying. So I gave him a hug and kiss, watched him turn off his light, get into bed and cover himself up. He is getting bigger!
3 comments:
yeah, i'm changing the beginning of the "tough" stage to 14 months.
ayla rocks our world....
but i'm SO glad you're moving out of that phase. it's kinda bitter sweet. now you need another! :)
Oh Bode!! You are getting to be such a big boy... I think I shall go cry now too... : (
Wow, there is hope for Sully then!
Post a Comment