Bode is, (WAS!?) completely addicted to his yellow blanket. For those of you that have been in the same home as yellow blanket are well aware of the stench that follows. He only has it at bed time and on long car trips and he constantly has a tag in his mouth. Last night I told him we were going to "fix" yellow blanket so it didn't stink any more. Washing it twice a week was not even cutting it! I cut off the stinky tags and retied it. It looks the same but about 4 inches shorter on each side. I cut the tags pretty short and told him he is not going to put it in his mouth any more. He just said "ok". I told him if he could keep it out of his mouth, he can pick out a new blanket for Christmas for a "trade". We read books last night and the first thing he usually does is grab yellow blanket and pop a tag in his mouth, he won't even let me start until he is in this position. Last night, sat on his chair with yellow blanket in his bed. Checked on him last night when I went to bed, and before I went to work, not in his mouth. Stew felt and smelled it this morning, not wet or stinky! Tonight, same thing. I asked him if he put it in his mouth , since I fixed and he said "No mommy, I don't want to break it!"
It was that easy? We'll see when we go to Spencer this weekend and yellow blanket rides in the trunk!
1 comment:
Oh GREAT!!! I hope it continues!! WHEW!! Poor little guy!! Love you Bode!!
Post a Comment