Tuesday, September 09, 2008

$2.96

Made the following and sprayed the poison ivy tonight. Round-up, $18.67 per gallon, this mixture was $2.96 per gallon. It took 3, so we saved about, $48. Now lets hope it works!

Poison Ivy Vegetation Killer
1 cup salt
8 drops liquid detergent
1 gallon vinegar

Combine the salt and vinegar in a pan and heat to dissolve the
salt. Cool the vinegar, add the detergent, and pour some of the
liquid into a large spray bottle. Spray the vegetation. (You can
also just pour the mixture onto the weeds.) Refill the spray
bottle as necessary. Note that this formula will kill all the
vegetation, so make sure that you are only spraying the plants
you want to kill. If you need to use a lot of this spray, avoid
spraying it near wells, as the salt can leach into your water
supply.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted... hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!

Cassie said...

you have been busy!! :)
Hooray on the tag blanket!!!! that is GREAT!
and i'm so excited about your very homemade poison ivy killer. anxious to see if it works. keep us posted!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I'm seeing brown leaves where I sprayed!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Hope all this rain doesn't effect it. If it does, I guess I know it's working and can shell out another $2.96 and spray again.

Cassie said...

i would spray again just to be certain you get it! that is awesome!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUP! If you are getting this constant rain like we are.... I'd say a second dose wouldn't be a bad idea!! Is this EVER going to stop!!?