Sunday, September 21, 2008

Growing up

Bode is eating like a 16 year old and sleeping like a 6 month old! He has been taking 3-4 hour naps this week and saying he is hungry every moment he is awake. He pretty much completely dressing himself. When I buttoned his jeans on today for the first time in a week, they were looser than last time, so he must be growing, but it must be just up! He is obsessed with golf and likes to play every day. Jennie cut Stew and my hair Saturday night and when I asked if he wanted his cut, he said no, he wanted it longer and that was the end of the discussion. I feel like he is almost out of the pushing his limits stage and I can see that he is just starving for independence. We do really try to give it when we can.
We had a bit of a frustrating day yesterday. We were busy trying to get some things accomplished and of course the lack of attention made him have to be a little naughty to get some attention, why do I forget about that trick! He told me several times that I was not being a very good listener, so today we just had an easy day. Just Bode and I went shopping, he got his new shoes exchanged for the right size, played at the play place at the mall as long as he wanted, not just as long as we had time for, we got Tate's birthday present, and he didn't even ask for anything. He would find things he liked and would say "maybe for my birthday, mommy." I mean what 3 year old does that?
He is such a good boy and growing up WAY too fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bode!! We are excited to come stay in Des Moines and celebrate Tate's 2nd birthday!! Hope you have a lot of fun too. You are growing up taller no doubt. Can't wait to have all the grandkids together for Tater's birthday!! :-)