Monday, September 29, 2008

Bye, Bye Blanket!

Bittersweet...we have said good-bye to "yellow blanket".
My mom made Bode a fleece blanket that tied before he was even born. He slept with it every night since he started sleeping in his crib at about 1 month old. About the time we took his pacifier away, at 10 months, he started sucking on the tags. Not a big deal, but man did that blanket start to stink! I took it all apart, cut the old tags off and retied it a couple weeks ago. We would tell him to keep it out of his month and he did pretty well, but he did it in his sleep too. Last week I asked if he could stop sucking the tags and he said "I don't think so mommy". So I asked if he was ready for a big boy blanket. He picked out a new Spider-man blanket and we switched them out, he was happy to have a "big boy" blanket. And so are we!
I have washed yellow blanket and have it in our hope chest. I don't think I can part with it. It was like saying good-bye to our "baby".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, those baby years gone by... very sad!! :- ( Glad he loves his Spiderman blanket though!! :)