Sunday, July 12, 2009
That's it!
I think it is my fault. Since Bode has only been going to Gloria's 2 days a week and has been home with me more, he is becoming totally spoiled. He has my attention all the time, and we are doing a lot of special things before we move. I have put up with too much and now I feel like I am yelling at him every 5 minutes because he pouts every time he does not get his way. We kind of had it tonight at bedtime. After his 20th argument with me, Stew saw him throw a brand new toy across his room because he was upset. That was kind of the last straw. So after a lot of crying and lecturing, we took all of his birthday presents away and told him he could have them back when his behavior improves: stop pouting, be a better listener, follow directions, no time outs...all that stuff. Drastic? Not if you have to be the one telling him no all the time. So this week, we are not going swimming, not watching movies and not playing with birthday presents until his behavior shows some serious improvement. I feel so mean when we have to do stuff like this, definitely not the most fun part of being a parent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There is such a fine line between loving them as much as you can and giving into their every want! It is the hardest part of being a parent at this age and believe it or not, it gets harder as they get older!!! Sorry!! :(
I think we may be in for a rough couple days, getting things back to normal.
Post a Comment