Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer vacation

2 weeks of school left in the Des Moines metro area and then I am unemployed for 2-3 months.
I have not really had a "summer vacation" since I was 17 years old. After I graduated high school, summer vacation meant working full time to make some money and for me, usually taking classes (because I was not a model student the first time around). After getting a "real job" after college, there is no such thing as summer vacation, just the few days here and there to make some long weekends, that you usually try to pack an entire summer worth of fun into. So people keep asking me what my plans are for the summer and as of now...nothing!
Now to a lot of people that sounds great, but the uncertainty of not knowing where we will be living and what I will be doing is not terrible appealing to me. Hopefully packing and moving will happen over those couple months. Bode is still going to go Gloria's a couple days a week to still have some interaction with his friends and also to keep his spot in case we are still around when school starts again. I have kind of looked around at some part time jobs, but really don't want to make any commitments in the hopes that our move happens sooner than later.
I'm guessing I will have a pretty clean house, and maybe a nicer looking yard. I anticipate hours of catching, batting, golfing, biking and swimming with Bode, all which will help contribute to my new athletic and tan figure! Packing, moving, and interviewing for my dream job in Florida will also take up some of my time : )

No comments: