Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New classes, new challenges

I started my new term at school tonight. I am taking 2 classes, so I will be gone Mon and Wed night and 4 Thurs nights from 5:45 to 10. The classes are interesting and it doesn't even bother me that bad to be there that long, except that is even more time I am away from my family. I have to think what this will do for me/us in the long run and keep my goals in sight, but it was pretty hard to keep that in mind when Bode had a melt down when I left tonight. Last term I put Bode to bed and went to an 8P class, easy! Tonight, after 1 total hour with him today, he stood by the kitchen door and cried when I left, it was awful, talk about guilt and feeling like the most selfish woman on the planet. Ahhh, maybe I will have to take 1 class at a time and just go to school for 10 years. It is hard, my passion is sparked and I want to be a teacher, but there are hoops to jump through and other sacrifices to make. However, tonight it felt very selfish. Stew has been so wonderful and supportive of my endeavors and he can have no idea how much easier that makes it. I hope we don't go through this every night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bode will adjust quickly and it seems like this last term FLEW by. didn't it?

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Yeah, that is the good part, I think it will continue to go fast, and I'll be done before I know it. I know Bode will adjust, he always does, I'm not so confident that I will!