The thing dislike most about snow it the overreaction the news creates. We maybe got 4 inches of snow in Des Moines and it is all they have talked about for a week! Schools and businesses were closing and it was literally raining! I know it was worse in most parts of the state and the wind outside of town was a concern with the drifting, but they closed I-35 from Ankeny to Des Moines before the snow even began. Ok I'm done!
The upside is, Allied closed at 11:30 yesterday and we didn't open until 10 today, a nice little paid break. Bode was already at daycare yesterday so I got the house cleaned and our dinner didn't come from a take-out box! My parents are supposed to be coming today and hopefully the roads will be ok for them to drive. It's been awhile since we've seen them and I think they are even bringing a birthday cake! The celebration is beginning....
2 comments:
we DO all deserve a month-long celebration!! :)
tom and donna got over 12 inches in storm lake. she sent pics and THAT was a blizzard. we got like 1 inche...just lots of wind.
ummm...about that cake...my birthday is coming up too, well in like 7 months. I mean, I think I may sneak into your house this weekend and steal some of that cake. I LOVE your mom's cake!
Post a Comment