Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The good with the bad

Well, we had a great weekend! My girlfriends from ISU came for our annual Christmas party which is always a blast, lots of laughs and memories with these girls. The kind of friends you don't come across often enough. It's always so good to reconnect and get in touch with each other.
We had a baby shower for Colleen. She is only a couple months away now and getting very excited. Lots of beautiful gifts for the baby. I must say Bode put a stamp of approval on most of them. He was quite the host, very entertaining.
Sunday my parents came over along with Vicky and Sarah. Sarah had an exciting announcement...a new cousin for Bode! She has a doctor appointment this week and will be keeping us updated.
All this great fun must come to an end, and boy did it. I went to take some glasses downstairs last night after I got home from class and found our basement bathroom under about an inch of water and it wasn't exactly clear either. After much speculation, a plumber came out today and confirmed it was backed up all the way to the main, that's bad. However, they were able to unclog it and that is very good. We were planning on replacing that flooring anyway and it had to come up. The vinyl came up easily and I got the floor wiped down. We're going to let it dry, paint the walls and put some new flooring in. Hope it will be a weekend project that is not more than we bargain for.

4 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Are you planning on making the trip to Muscatine this weekend or will you be doing this project this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Ya, how's that going to work? ;-) I was pretty excited to think you may come our way...

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

My show is saturday night not friday so we will be staying home this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot! I was so excited!! Tell Bode I will squeeze him to pieces next weekend ;-)