Monday, October 11, 2010

Bode the Kindergartner

So Bode has kind of reached a new stage with Kindergarten.
1. He knows EVERYTHING! I can't tell him any new piece of information without hearing "I know" or "okay, but..."
2. He is getting too big and tall for his body, but still wants to jump around and play like he is a 2 year old. Well, several broken items (and chin) later, I think he may be getting it.
3. He eats like a 15 year old instead of a 5 year old. I can't image what our grocery bill will be when we have 2 teenage boys.
4. He is an AMAZING big brother. He is so good to Boone. He's patient and understand whenever Boone is concerned. He loves to make him laugh, read to him, and give him hugs and kisses.
5. Oh, and did you catch from the last one that he reads! He has gone from memorizing stories to actually looking at the words, sounding them out, and reading! It is so exciting!
6. He is also still very sweet at times. He has always had a way of knowing just when I need a hug.
So some days are better than others, and some days I'm more tolerant than others. We are adjusting to having a kid in "real" school.

2 comments:

Candi said...

He IS growing up right before our eyes! They ALL do... whew, it goes TOO fast for me! I love his sweet ways and I love he is SO GOOD with Boone... see you soon guys!! : ) SO excited! :)

Candi said...

We talked on our way home last night from being with you guys... we were so impressed by Bode's reading! He is great at it and Boone loved it too : ) FUN!! :)SO SWEET THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!