Friday, July 23, 2010

Work stuff

I took off a couple hours early and came home to an empty house and took a nap! Much needed after Stew and I stayed up late last night contemplating my lastest work...opportunity. We had some budget issues at work and my possition was in jeopardy of being elimiated. I would have had the chance to teach reading in the classroom which would have been fine. I really do like my job working one-on-one with the kids and it gives me a little more flexibility in my schedule, which is really nice right now with Boone's morning routine. Anyway, I had mentioned to my boss that maybe they could make my position 9 months, having my summer off, maybe that would be enough for them to be able to keep my position. It was! So I will be off next summer! Unfortunantly, unlike a public school teacher, it will be unpaid leave. But considering we would be paying for 2 kids in daycare plus gas money for my 25 mile commute (1-way) it really won't be too much different and I get to stay home with the boys and stay in my current job. It actually worked out pretty well. Usually the right situation seems to come our way.

4 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

YAY!!!! That's amazing!

Cassie said...

GREAT! that sounds awesome!!

Candi said...

How EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, you are blessed little lady! : )

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is GREAT B!! You will love having the summers with the boys for sure!!! Congrats!!!
Daydra