Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Don't want to jinx it but...

...Boone slept through the night last night! At his 8 week appointment our doctor assured us that because he is at a healthy weight there was no reason why we needed to feed him in the night. So Monday night when he woke up at 3:30, we let him cry for about 20 minutes (which is the most unnatural thing you can do as a mother, not respond to your crying baby) then I walked into his room and he smiled, I knew he was just wanting me. I gave him his pacifier instead of feeding him and he went right back to sleep. Tuesday night he woke up around 3:30 again. We let him cry for about 10 minutes, he wouldn't take the pacifier, so I fed him and he fell asleep after nursing for about 5 minutes. Last night he started crying around 3:30 and by the time I had gone to the bathroom and laid back down he stopped and didn't make another peep until I woke him at 6:30 to eat and get ready for daycare. Hope this is the new routine, because I felt GREAT today after 8 hours of barely uninteruped sleep!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Woohoo!!!!

Candi said...

That is FABULOUS!! Good for YOU!! : )

Anonymous said...

Yay! It is so nice when you get that night of sleep, it feels so great!!! I feel for you on your first day back to work and leaving Boone at the sitter's....I'm dreading that day and it is fast approaching!!! Anyway, hope many restful evenings are ahead foryou!!!
Daydra