Thursday, October 08, 2009

Not much going on...still!

I have thousands of dollars worth of student loans and 2 college degrees...still no job. Getting a little frustrated, but hanging in there. I have started applying for jobs outside of teaching in hopes to get something. None of the districts in the area are currently hiring substitutes, and in Des Moines, they have a really high need. Also, it is hard not to have any "connections" in a new place. But, I know I just need to be patient and the right thing will come along.
Stew's job is going well, and Bode is still loving pre-school.
We had some friends here last weekend from Des Moines and it was really fun to hang out and spend some time with them. My parents come in a week and Stew's parents in 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are getting soooo excited. Can't hardly wait to see you guys. We'll be there before you know it. See you soon.
We love you all
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hang in there B! I know it can be discouraging and then on top of it being in a new area...it takes time to meet new people...I know exactly what you are feeling about all that! I definitely remember when we first moved away from Des Moines...what a change it was! It will all work out, as hard as it all seems right now...give it time;-) And in the meantime, keep smiling!!!
Love ya,

Daydra