Friday, August 07, 2009

SHOTS!

I thought there would be nothing worse than watching needles go into my 3 month old baby's legs for Bode's first set of shots. I was WRONG! There is nothing worse than needles going into your 4 year olds skinny arms! Bode was overdo on his immunizations and he had to get them before he could start school on Monday. I lucked out and got an appointment at the County Health office today. I didn't really explain what was going to happen, either did the nurse, and he was totally not expecting what the shots would feel like. They did 5! When he was a baby and had to have more than 1, 2 nurses would come in and they would do 2 at the same time. We had 1 nurse, do all 5 shots one at a time. He screamed and cried, but it is over and he is doing fine. He does not have to have another one until he is 12, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Nana :( said...

OH HOW SAD!!!!!!!! Poor little man! Glad that it's over too :( !!

Anonymous said...

Bode,
So sorry they were so mean to you. Wish Grandpa and I were there to rock you and cuddle till it felt better. Take care and know the shots are best for you even if they hurt when you get them.
Love you always,
Grandpa and Grandma