Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Going a little nuts

We are adjusting pretty well to things down here in Florida. Stew has been working for about a week and really likes his job. Bode is adjusting to life in pre-school. His teachers say everyday he gets better, less interested in where we are and what we are doing, and more involved with the other kids and activities. I am so proud and happy for both of them!
I, on the other hand, sit and wait. I had an interview that went really well on Friday, but they did not have a position at the moment, but were anticipating one to open before school starts next week. Haven't heard back from them yet. I have another interview next Wed for a teaching postion in Port Charlotte, which would be much less commute, so I sit and wait. My plan B is to try to get a position as a teachers aid, but don't really want to apply for those yet until I know there are no more teaching positions out there. It is very hard for me to sit around and not be working, or at least taking care of Bode. Hopefully I will know more soon and have some great news of my own to share.

5 comments:

Candi said...

Oh darn... I had SO hoped you would have gotten the one BUT like I said, I wanted it to be yours IF it was a good fit... I believe there is something else out there for you and it is very hard to be patient I am sure :( Hang in there, Brenda!!

Cassie said...

that stinks.
sorry.
maybe you should paint a closet or something?!? :)
i've been thinking about you so much! praying the right position falls in your lap SOON. (like tomorrow...or possibly yet today! :))

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
I'm sure the right thing will come along. Sometimes it seem like a long time coming but I know it will. You have so much to offer any school will be lucky to have you as part of their teaching staff. Be positive and it will happen for you. I am so glad Stew likes his job and it is great that Bode is doing so well in preschool. Soon you will have a rewarding story to tell also. Best of everyting to you.
Love you lots!!
Mom and Larry

Anonymous said...

aww B, I know it must be very frustrating...know how that feels when the hubby is working and you are wanting to but left at home. It will happen...the right job will come along! and then you will be saying...I wish I had time to...do whatever it may be at the time;-) thinking about you tons, sending good vibes your way for the perfect teaching position!
Daydra

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Thanks everyone!