Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9-11

The weather certianly fits the vibe of the day. I can't believe it's been 5 years since the collapse of the twin towers. I heard a song on the radio this morning with sound bites of President Bush speaking and people on the scene at ground zero and it just made me so sad. I happened to be watching the coverage already when the second plane hit and that image is just burned in my brain. I can't image how the families of those lost deal with it and my prayers are with them today.
So much has changed in these last 5 years and it makes me so appreciative to the leader that we have. No matter your politics, that was one of those times that it didn't matter, you just looked to this man to reassure you that this attack would not go unnoticed.
I am so thankful for the fact that I live in a free country, I have been able to educate myself, marry who I choose, work with people in all walks of life and bring my child into a safe and loving family. I hope Bode only reads about terroism in history books and our world changes as drastically for the better in his lifetime as it has changed for the worse in mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I certainly have replayed the day over & over in my mind and wonder about all those who lost loved ones. It was a tragedy and one I personally, as we all do I'm sure, hope we never experience anything like it again. God is in control, we can only praise him for our many blessings and for the hope we have through Him. Amen!!