Tonight after school we stopped at Wal-Mart and Bode picked out a bike that was 16" instead of the 18" one he's been riding (with training wheels) for the last year and half. It did the trick, within an hour of our combined parenting skills and bike riding expertise, I am happy to announce Bode is riding a bike without training wheels! I worked with him for about 30 minutes just getting comfortable on his new bike and getting over his fear of falling/getting hurt. Then Stew came home and got him going a little faster, and kept encouraging/pushing after he fell. We make a good team! He ended up riding almost the whole way down our street and slowing down in the grassy cul-da-sac. He still needs a push to get going, and doesn't understand how to stop or steer, but he's got the balancing figured out and has a new found confidence. We'll work on the rest this week and be able to show off his skills to Brigg and Lani this weekend!
He wouldn't let me take a picture for fear that I might "mess him up" so I'll try to get one tomorrow. I am so proud of him!
1 comment:
You are a great teaching team. And we are very proud of the new "biker". We like the new wheels too. Good choice Bode. Now Dad and Boone can ride and you and Mom can follow them. What fun it is to know how to ride a bike.
Can't wait to see you guys.
Love Always,
Mom and Larry
Post a Comment