We had an amazing trip back to Iowa...and snow! We started in DSM and saw friends there. Went to my parents in Spencer and spent time with them and my brothers family. Bode got to snowobile and sled and play for hours in the snow. Then to Muscatine to see Stew's parents and sisters' families. More sledding, bowling, and New Years Eve Party. The bags are unpacked and we survived the first day back to reality.
As much as I love to see our parents and siblings when we go back, I really realize how much I miss our nieces and nephews. They are growing up so fast and they seem to change so much the months between visits. Brigg can hang out with the guys and watch football, but he still likes to play with the little kids too, not for long I'm afraid : ( Lani is SO sweet! She just loves to snuggle in and have one on one attention. Becky has maybe changed the most. I think it must be preschool, she has just grown up so much since this summer. Tate is truly becoming a little boy. He's no longer has that babyish look at all, and he's skinny! Ayla is still wild and crazy in the most lovable way with her cartoon character voice and giggle. And then baby Colby, getting chubby and smiley.
Thanks to everyone especially our parents for everything!
2 comments:
Yup, you should totally move back.
It was so FUN to have the kids altogether again... they DO grow & change too fast to get in all the kids fun together seeing each other a few times a year!! :( We have to cherish it, no doubt!! Precious times.... :)
Post a Comment