Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dog talks

Sorry to our our loved ones back in Iowa, but it appears that Bode is the most excited to see Pip when we come back. Pip is my best friend's dog. We used to have him a weekend here and there when she went out of town. It was the perfect amount of dog for me. And now that we have been away from him for awhile, Bode thinks it would be really nice if we had a dog that lived with us...all the time. He is the type of kid that would absolutely love to have a dog, always, not just when it was convenient. It would probably be his best friend. I am ready to cave. Stew on the other hand...he may know who will in turn end up being the one that lets it out at 6 AM, cleaning up after it, and walking it in the rain...ME! So he is not quite as convincable.

2 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

I won't feel bad about Bode not being excited to see us if you don't feel bad when Tate calls Bode, Elmo. When we got your Christmas card, I showed Tate the (super adorable by the way!) picture of Bode and said, "Tate...who is that?!?!!!!" He responded with a confused look saying, "ummmmmm...Elmo?????" Well okay then...I guess Bode looks like Elmo! Ha!

Mom/Candi said...

Get a dog and you know what will happen with me.... but I guess when it comes to our grand children, we make huge sacrifices. Better get friendly with a dog lover who will watch him while you're back in IA. or pay out the bucks for a kennel care giver... Lots to consider about dogs... Chris, did you tell her how much you spent on Chet's hip repair?????? Did you forget Cassie removing Harley from their household when she had Ayla?!? But please, don't let me influence you. ;-)