Monday, April 20, 2009

Subbing

I have been having some doubts lately about teaching. I have not felt very successful in my long term position. I feel like I am constantly battling behavior and can't focus on teaching at all. I have not had the freedom to do the fun things I want to do. I have not had the support from the administration that I need either. Stew and I talked and if I were asked to stay on at my long term position I won't. I don't want to feel like a quitter, but at the same time, I need to feel some success with teaching in the last month of school.
So better news, I got a call from the 2nd grade teacher I student taught for and she requested me to sub for a day. I loved that class and am very excited. I also called the sub caller for Johnston and told her I will be available May 4th and she told me they have been very busy and she will keep me busy. So I have 7 days left here, a few days off and then hopefully better luck with the last month.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Oh hmmm... that's too bad, hoping you find a good nitch!! I'm sure teaching is no piece of cake!!!