Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Always learning
So my long term subbing experience has been...interesting. I have learned a lot about myself, my teaching style, and some things I can and can not tolerate. I have a feeling I will be leaning toward teaching in a more suburban or rural area. I think urban schools and students are not my cup of tea. Some of the teachers I have worked with are so talented and that is where they belong, I'm not sure it is where I belong. Probably because I grew up in a small community and the school system is different than a larger district. Anyway, I have a about 2 and half weeks left of this placement, and it has been challenging, but I have learned a lot, so that is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so good to see things as a learning experience, because ALL life experiences are just that! I do hope you find what you feel as a good fit for you in your next teaching experience too :) Who knows what that one may be, or where!!?? Life is always moving, never stays the same, some of us don't do change well... you know who we are ;-)!!
Post a Comment