Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I know, I know...

I have been terrible about blogging these past couple months. I am finishing up my 2nd student teaching placement, and it is about all I can do to get Bode tucked in before I hit the hay myself. I am in a really tough school, 5th grade, and it has been a challenge to say the least. I have come to the conclusion that 5th graders today are the equivalent to 7th graders when I was in school. They know a lot more, but they are no more mature so it makes for a very nasty pre-teen!
Good news is, I have 8 days left. Then I have 2 weeks for my reading endorsement. I just found out tonight that I will be in a school in Urbandale, which I am thrilled about! I was hoping to get my foot in the door there before all my placements were done.
Stew is back and forth this week on the overnights as he has a few trainings to finish up this week. He should be on overnights all the time starting next week. I don't think he's too thrilled, but it may be nice to have a consistent schedule.
All is well, just getting through to the next phase. I will start applying for jobs starting next week. Hopefully something more permanent than subbing will come up, but at semester time I will not hold my breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots going on in your lives, hang in there as things WILL get better! Praying for you both :- ) Love you guys!!