Sunday, February 07, 2010

3 months to go...

I'm getting really ready to have this baby, but trying to enjoy some of our last moments as a family of 3. Bode is growing up so fast and I have distant memories of what it is like to have an infant. I'm sure it will be adjustment for us all, especially our only child. Our entire world has completely centered around him for the past 4 and half years and that is all about to change. I feel like we need to squeeze in a lot of "big kid" stuff before we are toting a infant carrier everywhere we go.
I am so much more at ease about having this baby because at least I have some idea of what to expect, and in that sense, feel a little more prepared. However, it will be totally different because we already have a child with his own set of needs. Every mother with more than one child has assured me that with the 2nd child, comes double the ability to love, double the amount of attention to give, with half of the time available! Encouraging : )

5 comments:

Candi said...

These are words most of us already know... :) The things you don't realize yet are all the unbelievable instant love you will have for this baby and the touching moments you will experience as both hubby & son see your new little bundle as they have that smitten effect infiltrate their very being.... really amazing stuff about to unfold here in a few months, little mommy. Sigh!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't believe how close it is getting! You're going to be a great mommy of two!!! I wish it were here already!!!
Daydra

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I know you guys are getting close too! Are you getting things all ready, do you have a name yet?

Anonymous said...

I have got some things ready...for us they tell us not to do too much in case things fall through and don't work out. That is hard, cuz I want to do soooo much! And we are pretty sure on the name, Brandon John...but I also like Nicholas and Samuel...we will see. Talked to Amanda and he has been kicking like crazy this morning;-) Go up for another appt with her on the 15th...can't wait for the arrival of our lil man!!!

So you guys aren't finding out...you have any feelings/hunches one way or the other?? Bodie will be a great big brother I am sure!!

Good luck with the name debate...it took a little while for Mike and I to agree on one...the first one we agreed on was Brandon so I guess that is why it was the one that has stuck so far;-) He keeps wondering why I keep throwing others out there...I told him what if he doesnt look like a Brandon?!

Anyway, I am celebrating today with a snowday;-) But have a few things to get done! Talk to ya later!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time now but the time to come will always get better and better. Every part of a childs life is so special and so important and every child has a special place in the family. Some have been there longer but the love for each one is endless, and constant.
We love you and anxiously await your new arrival and the newest member of your family (and our family).
Love Mom and Larry