Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lucky?


That's right, what you are looking at is a 4 inch wire sticking through my ear.

We still have the flags up in our yard marking our property line so we know how much of the yard is ours to mow. Well today, I must have accidentally hit one of those flags with the blade of the mower. Because I heard a loud noise and then felt like my ear was on fire. I reached up to feel, and could not believe there was a wire in it! I ran into the house where I completely freaked out. Went to the County health office where they had the nerve to tell me they do not take walk in patients (really, even if they have a foreign object sticking out of their head!).
After I finally talked to Stew, I came back home for his evaluation. He looked at it and seriously opened the tool box. I don't think so! Maybe if he would have been here when it first happened, because it was a little numb at that point, but by then, it was throbbing. Plus, I knew I was way behind on my tetanus shot. We went to the doctors office and after everyone there had a good look, they numbed it up and pulled it right out. I got a tetanus shot and antibiotics. The consensus at the doctors office was that I was very lucky because if it had been one inch over, it could have gone into my eye. There is even a little scratch on my cheek right by my eye. Now I think was unlucky for it happening in the first place! Guess I was a little "glass half empty" today.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Candi said...

I think your post "Not Much Going On" seems REALLY great about now!! I am amazed that that happened! Wow, who would have thought! Take good care of it!! Sigh!!
Love & God heal you!!
Candi

Lisa Borglum said...

Oh my gosh - that freaks me out!!! I am never careful when I mow...if it's in my way, I mow it over!! I am going to be much more careful now and wear sunglasses!! (and maybe earmuffs)

Josie said...

should have left it in. We are only a month away from Halloween. You could incorporate a costume around that wire....Zombie, Pirate with a parrot perch, hippie with hoop earings.

Anonymous said...

Only you Brenda! WTF! That is crazy, I can't believe that happened! That sounds like something bizarre that would happend to me! Glad you are okay!!!
Daydra