We are all getting adjusted to life back in Iowa.
Stew: Is working as much as possible, which is not quiet as much as he'd like. They are still waiting for all the Medicare approvals they need to start seeing patients. But it has been nice having him around so much during this change.
Brenda: Got a job as a reading specialist in Davenport for the fall! Getting the house together and making it seem more like our home. Adjusting to being a full time mom for the summer, some moments are easier than others!
Bode: Loving being around cousins and other family. Just mentioned today that he is missing friends. But...he went to his first day of a kids golfing clinic and told me he made a friend. : ) Getting used to summer, later bedtimes, and no naps. Has been a little more defiant than normal, but I hope this is just testing our limits in a new environment, so we are trying to stay on top of this and not let too much slide.
Boone: Where do I begin! New state, new house, new room, new bed, new attitude, and not in a good way! I think most of the behavior is probably linked to not enough sleep. He started crawling out of his crib the day before we moved, so after having him in his crib for 1 night here (and him climbing out 3 times) he is in a big boy bed. Which he crawls out of in the night and if he is not 100% asleep when I exit his room. So we used to just lay him down in his crib and walk out the door. But now that he can get up, and does, I have been sitting in his room until he is asleep, which I DO NOT want to continue much longer. I started off laying down with him for a couple nights, then I sat at the end of his bed for a couple nights, now I am sitting in the chair in his room. But if I leave before he's asleep, he gets right up, stands at the door and waits for me to come back. Also, he gets up if he wakes up in the night, comes to his door and cries until I come. So I think I'm going in the right direction, but am anxious to have him be okay. I know it's a huge change, so I think I may have to wait it out a bit.
Otherwise...things are going good. I am so excited about my job and overall the kids have been handling things really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment